I initially created this dish because I was trying to decrease the amount of bread I was eating. I also wanted something quick and light without a whole lot of fuss.
Now it’s become a household favorite!
- 14 – 25 slices of Deli Rotisserie Chicken Breast or 8 oz pack of lunch meat.
- 1/2 Red Onion chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped (or veggies of your choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Your choice of Rice (brown, jasmine, white, yellow)
- Prepare your rice as directed on its package.
- Chop your onion and bell pepper.
- Cut your sliced Rotisserie Chicken Breast into smaller pieces (or just pull apart with fingers).
- Pour your Olive Oil into a frying pan and warm on medium-high heat. Once oil is slightly heated, place sliced chicken in pan.
- Sauté chicken for 3-5 minutes (or longer if you desire).
- Add your chopped onion and bell pepper to chicken. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes (or longer if you don’t like crunchy veggies).
Pour your chicken and veggie mixture of the rice and enjoy 🙂