I initially created this dish because I was trying to decrease the amount of bread I was eating. I also wanted something quick and light without a whole lot of fuss.
Now it’s become a household favorite!
- 14 – 25 slices of Deli Rotisserie Chicken Breast or 8 oz pack of lunch meat.
- 1/2 Red Onion chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped (or veggies of your choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Your choice of Rice (brown, jasmine, white, yellow)
- Prepare your rice as directed on its package.
- Chop your onion and bell pepper.
- Cut your sliced Rotisserie Chicken Breast into smaller pieces (or just pull apart with fingers).
- Pour your Olive Oil into a frying pan and warm on medium-high heat. Once oil is slightly heated, place sliced chicken in pan.
- Sauté chicken for 3-5 minutes (or longer if you desire).
- Add your chopped onion and bell pepper to chicken. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes (or longer if you don’t like crunchy veggies).
Pour your chicken and veggie mixture of the rice and enjoy 🙂
This recipe will give you 2-4 servings.
When it comes to preparing Chicken Breast as a main entrée at home (whether bone-in or boneless), most people I know, don’t desire to do so. The primary complaint about chicken breast is it’s very Dry.
I’m going to give you a scientific way to quickly prepare juicy, moist boneless chicken breasts. You won’t ever have to guess or wonder if they will be moist!
- 5 to 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 – 5 quart baking dish (glass or metal)
- Tub of butter
- Seasonings of your choice
Step 1: Pre-heat oven on Broil at a 500 degree Fahrenheit temperature.
Step 2: Butter the inside of baking dish.
Step 3: Season both sides of the chicken breast.
Step 4: Lay each chicken breast flat inside baking dish.
Step 5: Place 2 – 3 tabs/dollops of butter on top of each chicken breast (this will help maintain the juiciness of the chicken breast while broiling on a high temperature. Plus, it adds great flavor 🙂 ).
Place uncovered chicken breasts in oven. Broil thinner chicken breast for 20 mins. For thicker chicken breast 30 mins or longer if you desire.
Once cooking is complete, baste all of your chicken breast fillets with a little of its own juices. Perfection!
Put cooled chicken in a container with cover and place in refrigerator. Or, simply use foil to cover cooled chicken in baking dish and place in the refrigerator.
Place 1-2 chicken breasts in a loosely-covered microwave safe bowl. Heat anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 ½ mins. This depends on how warm you desire your chicken.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chicken breasts in a buttered 1-2 quart baking dish and cover with foil. Heat 10-15 mins.